Oct 3 2007
A Class Action lawsuit being prepared against Apple for bricking iPhones
The Law Office of Damian R. Fernandez and The Law Office of M. Van Smith have launched a Class Action suit against Apple and are currently seeking contact with California residents that match any the following criteria:
- You own an iPhone and you want to transfer to a wireless carrier other than AT&T. You fall into this category even if you did not unlock your iPhone or have your iPhone disabled by an iPhone update.
- Your iPhone was disabled, malfunctioned, or you had third-party applications erased after you downloaded iPhone update 1.1.1.
- You contacted Apple to repair your iPhone and Apple refused to honor your warranty because you did any one the following: (1) unlocked your iPhone, or (2) installed a third party application.
- You incurred a cancellation fee from your previous wireless carrier when you transferred to AT&T’s wireless service.
- You incurred roaming charges while travelling abroad with your iPhone.
- You purchased a third-party warranty at extra cost for your iPhone because of Apple’s released statement that it will not honor warranties on unlocked iPhones.
Visit appleiphonelawsuit.com for more information.[ Via HardMac ]