Feb 14 2006
Adobe posts Lightroom Beta 2
Over the course of the public beta testing of Adobe Lightroom, improvements have been suggested and implemented resulting in the following changes:
- Now a Universal Binary–this version runs on Apple’s latest Intel-based Macs.
- Crop and straighten your photos with new tools in the Develop module.
- Add music to your slideshows.
- Create nested keyword sets for easier organization.
Import and export XMP metadata (*please see the Known Issues list in Release Notes for details).
- Try out the improved Edit in Photoshop capabilities.
- Take advantage of better metadata handling.
Utilize new white balance support for the Nikon D2X, D2Hs, and D50 cameras.
Adobe is inviting you to download the latest beta and give them your reaction to the changes as well as suggesting what you still want to see added or modified. They say they want to ensure Lightroom is built from the ground up by photographers, for photographers but I’m sure they would like you to get used to using the program so that you will buy it when it is finished and hopefully this will give them an edge over Aperture.