Sep 18 2006
After years of research into lossless editing of the MP3 and AAC audio formats, Rogue Amoeba Software is thrilled to present Fission, a brand-new audio editor. Fission is the first and only editor
on OS X to provide lossless editing of MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, and AIFF audio files. With Fission, users can trim, split, and fade audio files, then save the result with absolutely no quality loss!
With Fission, users can…
- losslessly edit MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless and AIFF files. No re-encoding or switching formats means perfect audio quality for your files!
- split long recordings into multiple files.
- archive audio for later listening, by removing unwanted audio such as commercials.
- fade audio in and out to create a pleasing listening experience.
- create MP3 and AAC ringtones for your cell phone.
- do all this and a whole lot more!
Fission has been designed to be easy to use, with an accurate dual-waveform view to aide in visualizing audio, along with simple commands for editing. There’s no overhead in Fission, enabling users to tackle common editing tasks without spending hours, or even days, learning. And Fission’s not just easy to understand, it’s easy to afford. Aimed at the consumer market, Fission costs just USD$32.
Fission is immediately available as a free trial for Mac OS X 10.4 and up. Fission is fully functional, but will degrade the quality
of audio saved while in trial mode.