Apr 17 2006
iGetter v2.5 for Mac OS X released
Presenta Ltd. has announced the Universal Binary release of iGetter version 2.5 for Mac OS X. iGetter is a download manager and accelerator that was designed to greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
The registration fee for iGetter is USD$25. A complete list of fixes and improvements can be found below the fold.
New in version 2.5
- iGetter is now available as a Universal application, native on both Intel and PowerPC Macs.
- Added a new “FileAvenue Info” function that works for selected download and allows easy searching of additional file info in the FileAvenue downloads library. If the file is found the following info will appear: Product Name, Product Version, Filesize, Homepage, Description, Requirements, Product Category, License, Product Price, Web Store URL, Rating and Product Reviews URL.
- Added a “Move To Folder” function available for finished downloads for easy moving of one or more files to a new location.
- Added a new function for fast opening of download’s Referrer URL in the default browser. The function is available as a green arrow to the left of “Referrer URL”. You can click it to go to the file’s homepage.
- Fixed a bug in the Batch Downloads function that caused a crash in iGetter when the “From” value is “0″ as well as when a new added file already exists in the queue.
- Fixed a bug that in some cases caused a crash in iGetter when user switches between the Downloads and History views.
- Fixed a bug that in some cases caused a crash in iGetter CM Plug-in.
- Fixed a bug in auto-save file writing that may cause application locking in some rare cases.
- Fixed some typos in the Alert texts.
- Included new localizations for Russian and Hungarian languages.