Nov 5 2004
MacUpdate is excited to announce the release of our new MacUpdate Developer Tools section. We encourage you to visit our website and sign-up your company for a new developer account (which is currently free).
Being a MacUpdate Developer allows you to gain access to your software listings on MacUpdate. You can then:
- Download History: Dynamically built charts that graphic the variations in downloads for each of your products, on a daily and weekly basis. (This page has some really sleek dynamic CSS coding and caching if that kind of thing interests you).
- Star Ratings: View a breakdown of each of your products’ star ratings based on a particular version released.
- Comments Manager: Better manage, search and sort your user comment and reviews for each of your products.
- Custom Polls: Create your own Poll questionnaires. These polls will appear on the download page of MacUpdate, just above the User Reviews sidebar area. You get to design as many polls as you’d like for each of your products. Let MacUpdate handle the data generation and graphing of results.
- RSS Feeds: Custom RSS feeds are available for each of your product listings, allowing you to better promote your products by displaying a dynamically updated MacUpdate Star Rating for each of your products on your own site. We give you in-depth examples for getting it working using a number of different technologies. We chose RSS for this because it allows you to completely customize the way your star ratings look, so they fit in with your site.
We plan to add additional features in the near future. Right now this service is completely free, and ultimately we’d like to keep it that way. We only ask (not demand) that you keep MacUpdate in mind for exclusive releases of your software products. Any lead time you can give us before releases your Press Releases mutually helps both of us. We’ll even volunteer to host your archive for you during this exclusive time period.