Apr 7 2006
Flash 8: The Missing Manual is a hands-on guide to today’s hottest web design tool and is aimed at non-developers. It teaches you how to translate your ideas into great web content beginning with a solid primer on animation, which helps you get comfortable with the Flash interface.
Once you have these basics under your belt, Flash 8: The Missing Manual shows you how to:
- Incorporate graphics, video clips, and soundtracks
- Create reusable elements and templates to give your animations a consistent, sophisticated look
- Customize your content with ActionScript, the Flash language that gives you maximum control
- Publish your Flash creations for web surfers everywhere to enjoy
- Learn good design principles and helps you avoid elements that can distract or annoy an audience
Author E.A. Vander Veer has written more than a dozen books including titles on web design and scripting–most written for
non-technical readers. Her background makes her the perfect author for a straightforward book on a complex subject. She takes Flash 8: The Missing Manual from the basics to the advanced, yet attempts to avoid hasty jumps into tough topics that leave readers confused.
Flash 8: The Missing Manual has been released by O’Reilly Press and can be ordered now from Amazon.com.