Jan 13 2008
Full disclosure: MacMerc.com gets a few bucks if you go to MacHeist and buy the USD$49 bundle of Mac mini apps. This year’s collection, like last year’s, is a representation of the recent renaissance in Mac shareware.
25% of the bundle’s purchase price will be donated to one of/or a myriad of charities:
- Direct Relief International (Disaster Relief),
- AIDS Research Alliance (AIDS),
- The Nature Conservancy (Environmental Protection),
- World Wildlife Fund (Animal Protection),
- Action Against Hunger,
- Alliance for Climate Protection,
- Humane Society International,
- Save Darfur,
- Prevent Cancer Foundation, and
- Save the Children (Child Welfare)
If MacHeist manages to generate $100,000 for charity, bundle buyers will be further rewarded with a copy of Pixelmator.
So, you get a bunch of great apps and you help some great causes. And, if you want to promote the idea yourself, you can invite your friends to get in on the action and you’ll be rewarded with a free LaunchBar license. You don’t even have to buy the bundle in order to get in on the invite reward.
Note:Update: The $100,000 target for this year’s charitable donation has been reached and surpassed. It feels good to do good.