Oct 19 2004
Apple today added a 1.8 GHz single processor Power Mac G5 desktop priced at just $1,499 to its revolutionary 64-bit Power Mac G5 line, making the entry price even more affordable. Complementing the existing lineup of dual 2.5 GHz, dual 2.0 GHz and dual 1.8 GHz Power Mac G5 models, the new 1.8 GHz Power Mac G5 provides customers with a powerful and expandable tower configuration at an affordable price.
Pricing & Availability
The new 1.8 GHz Power Mac G5 is available immediately through the Apple Store, at Apple’s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers in one standard configuration.
The new 1.8 GHz Power Mac G5, with a suggested retail price of $1,499 (US), includes:
- 1.8 GHz 64-bit PowerPC G5;
- 600 MHz front-side bus;
- 256MB 400 MHz DDR SDRAM (4GB maximum);
- 80GB Serial ATA 7200 rpm hard drive;
- AGP 8X Pro graphics slot;
- NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with 64MB DDR SDRAM;
- 3 PCI slots (64-bit, 33 MHz); and
- 8x SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW).