Jan 6 2005
Micromat have announced DiskStudio, a new hard disk utility that allows Mac users to change their disk partitioning scheme without needing to reinitialize and erase
their data. This means that users can now easily alter the way
information is stored on their hard disks as their needs change over time.
The program is available through select dealers and resellers worldwide or directly from Micromat for the suggested retail price of US$50.00.
According to Micromat, DiskStudio can:
- Add new partitions to a hard disk without the need to reformat.
- Delete partitions previously created by DiskStudio or Apple’s Disk Utility.
- Erase and reformat existing partitions in a number of standard formats.
- Completely erase and repartition an entire hard disk.
Example uses for DiskStudio include:
- Installing a new copy of Mac OS X, while keeping the original copy intact.
- Installing a completely different operating system, such as Mac OS 9, on a new partition.
- Creating a partition to hold special projects.
- Creating a partition to hold scratch space for programs such as Adobe Photoshop.