Apr 17 2008
Full disclosure: MacUpdate is currently a sponsor of MacMerc.com
MacUpdate has released the MacUpdate Parallels bundle. It is a software bundle that, depending on how well it sells, will include Parallels and 9 more top Mac apps. You can purchase the bundle for USD$64.99 which is less than the price of Parallels by itself. This event is time limited and runs April 16-29th.
In 2007, MacUpdate sold over 27,000 bundles, reaching record numbers for that year. This year, they fully expect this bundle event to be the biggest online Mac software event ever.
The bundle includes:
- Parallels Desktop* – Run Windows OS and apps from within Mac OS X.
- BannerZest* – Flash presentation software for pro and amateur web designers.
- Sound Studio* – Audio recording and editing tool with automator Monbots.
- DVDRemaster Pro – Duplicate, burn or convert DVD movies for iPod, iPhone or Apple
- Typinator – Types repeating texts and pictures for you.
- StoryMill – Novel writing software.
- Leap – New Spotlight interface with tagging.
- MenuCalendarClock – Menu item calendar/clock with iCal integration.
- Art Text – Create high quality headings, logos, icons, banners and buttons.
- Hazel – Your personal Mac OS X housekeeper.
Now I say it will include 10 apps depending on how well it sells because there are 3 “unlock milestones.” What that means is that as sales reach certain goals, the bigger, more expensive apps (Sound Studio, BannerZest and Parallels) will be unlocked into the bundle for free. The folks at MacUpdate fully expect the bundle sales to excede the milestones set and that all 10 apps will be available to bundle purchasers, but they want you to spread the word.
Buy the bundle and tell your Mac using friends about it. The more people who buy the bundle, the better.