Jan 10 2006
Grab the following updates by running Software Update and then restarting your Mac after the update has been downloaded and applied.
The Mac OS X 10.4.4 Update delivers overall improved reliability and compatibility for Mac OS X v10.4 and is recommended for all users.
It includes fixes for:
- SMB/CIFS and NFS network file services
- Bluetooth wireless access
- Core Graphics, Core Audio, Core Image, RAW camera support, including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
- Spotlight indexing and searching
- AppleScript, iChat, DVD Player, and Safari applications
- Dashboard widgets: Calendar and Stocks
- Software Update and Sync Services
- compatibility with USB and FireWire devices and third party applications
- previous standalone security updates
iTunes 6.0.2 includes stability and performance improvements over iTunes 6.0.1.
QuickTime 7.0.4 delivers numerous bug fixes, support for iLife ’06, and H.264 performance improvements. This update is highly recommended for all QuickTime 7 users.
iPod Updater 2006-01-10 delivers iPod Software 1.1 for iPod and iPod nano, iPod Software 1.2.1 for iPod with color display, iPod Software 1.4.1 for iPod mini, iPod Software 3.1.1 for iPod with Click Wheel and, for all other iPod models, iPod Updater 2006-01-10 contains the same software versions as iPod Updater 2005-11-17.
Important: After downloading the iPod Updater software, connect your iPod to your computer and launch the iPod Updater application. If iPod Updater determines that your iPod needs to be updated, click the Update button to install the latest software on your iPod.
Features of iPod Software 1.1 for iPod, and iPod Software 1.1 for iPod nano:
- Support for the iPod Radio Remote
- Bug fixes
Changes to iPod Software 1.2.1 for iPod with color display, iPod Software 1.4.1 for iPod mini, and iPod Software 3.1.1 for iPod with Click Wheel:
- Bug fixes